Assistant Engineer - Highways
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision. This will require you to confidently prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures and standards.
Using your engineering experience, you will prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval, suggesting improvements and innovative solutions to engineering problems. All work carried out will be undertaken using relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods. This will also extend to ensure your work complies with company business management system and the procedures IMS & BMS procedures.
Below are categorised experience levels to guide
- Assistant – HND Civil Engineering (or equivalent) and/or as above
- Working towards professional membership (IEng/CEng MICE or MCIHT); demonstrable with “live” CPD / DAP and current membership / training scheme commitments.
Assistant Engineer - Ideally min 3 years’ experience, but not essential
- a)Working on Highways and infrastructure projects
- b)Experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Highway Alignment (links, junctions & roundabouts), pavement and drainage design
- Use of DMRB, MCDHW & TSRGD
- Awareness / Use relevant design software and standards
- Essential - AutoCAD, Microsoft (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Non Essential but useful – Bentley MX, MicroDrainage, Civil 3D,
- DMRB & Local Authority Standards
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We have a great team focus working collaboratively to innovate on projects. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed into an area but encouraged to thrive and develop through involvement in our dynamic, multidiscipline projects. If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits a small portion of which are listed below!
- 25 days Annual Leave + buy, sell and carry over
- Life Assurance at 4x base salary
- Season Ticket loans
- Salary sacrifice benefits