Assistant Electrical Design Engineer
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Electrical Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be involved in the design and assessment of electrical power installations on a project, working as part of a dedicated E&P design engineering team.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on.
We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
What will the role involve?
- Contributing to site surveys
- Collating technical information from surveys, inspections and other sources (e.g. eB)
- Ability to assist with design and assessment work for electrical and lighting installations
- Assisting designers with identifying risks and hazards
- Keeping up to date with current Network Rail, British and European Standards
- Preparing low complexity design and assessment reports
- Producing design drawings using CAD
- Support the design team during design submissions
- Effective communication with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or Ieng.
- Completed The Clients Graduate Training Programme or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process.
- Associate or student member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
- Competent with using electrical design software (e.g. Amtech, etap, etc.)