Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The purpose of the role is to identify and introduce alternative and more cost effective technology and processes to reduce cost and lead time, supports the ME Department and Sub-System IPT's, help streamline current internal and external processes to enable production demands to be met more efficiently, ensures best practices are developed, provide expertise/support to the team to minimise performance barriers and maintain a world class capability for the manufacture, assembly and testing of CMS aerospace products
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Manufacturing experience including manufacturing processes/systems and techniques
· Ideally have knowledge of the aerospace and defence industry but will consider any manufacturing environment
· Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques
· Ideally have a Formal apprenticeship in Engineering or Manufacturing but will consider just experience.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
· Provides process advice and input where needed to internal and external customers such as Engineering, Production and Supply Chain.
· Develops new technology and processes
· Establishes supply chain capabilities, identifies areas of risk or potential improvement. Assists with new Supplier assessments/qualification
· Through the PFMEA process, Identify internal risks and implement risk reduction activities
· Preparation of cost justifications for new technology and equipment.
· Review current internal processes and apply lean manufacturing techniques/continuous improvement as a means to eliminate waste
· Supports the development needs of the manufacturing engineering team to ensure team capability and flexibility meet the departmental and business needs
· Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
to watch our careers video and learn more about us.
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our