This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join an expanding company within their design team as a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer. Our client has already got a full order book for 2020 and are still taking on new projects so hence the need for more staff. You will be working in an open plan busy office within a design team. The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge of HVAC
- Assist the sales and business development team and attend sales meetings as required
- Review enquiries and provide concept designs and costings and assist in tender preparation
- Development from initial concept designs to full to full detailed design on successful projects
- Produce detailed designs for systems which will include size of chillers, air conditioning, AHU’s, pipework and airflows etc.
- Check and confirm design calculations for all mechanical designs
- Liaise with the controls team to agree a control philosophy
- Acquire and review all quotations with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Forecast project mechanical budgets in Easybuild
- Handover comprehensive design packages to the operations team
- Undertake quality and snagging visits on site
- Attending project meetings when required
- Prepare documentation for the Operation and Maintenance manual, obtaining copies of warranties, certificates and “as fitted” drawings as necessary and provide information as required.
- Support the customer post installation and answer queries.
- Ensure your CPD is kept up to date and relevant.
- A good understanding of psychrometric data, humidity control and CHP would be an advantageous
- Degree qualification within a building services, mechanical engineering or related subject
- Working knowledge of all HVAC
- Significant experience within mechanical design
My client has been trading for over 50 years and have grown to be a stable main contractor working on a number projects across the industrial and power sectors. They are looking for someone that will be with the company for the foreseeable future as there is the potential for progression within the company. You would have the opportunity to oversee the project from cradle to grave and have a great deal of input on the project.
They also offer a social side to the office and operate a bonus scheme which is based on personal performance & company performance. Additional benefits are car / car allowance, 20 days holidays and pension.