We are currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Technician with an electrical bias to cover our client site at 10 Gresham Street
Working hours: 8:00 - 17:00
- Provide general Electrical / HVCA/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
- Implement all Electrical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, EMCOR and site specific procedures.
- Perform testing and inspecting of Electrical Installations in accordance with industry standards.
- Provide accurate feedback and information including but not limited to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Assume the role of Competent Person (Electrical) as authorised by the Authorised Person Controller.
- Develop and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
- Carry out condition based monitoring surveys.
- Carry out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- Assist the Shift Supervisor in providing information for technical and incident reports.
- Develop and retain a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for shift colleagues.
- Perform other reasonable duties as agreed with EFS management.
Support the Building Manager in the day to day implementation of EMCOR policies, procedures, standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality service to customers in accordance with:
EMCOR Integrated Management System
EMCOR Employee Handbook
EMCOR M&I Business Plan
EMCOR / Client Business Plan
Client Company Safety Procedures / Instructions
EMCOR / Client Contract
Demonstrate qualities to deliver the contract requirements through effective communication, training and personal development.
Ensure you proactively maintain your levels of training and competency and organise courses as appropriate to fulfil completion of work tasks.
Provide regular updates on work load to Line Manager Maintain day to day contact with the customer taking notes as required.
Undertake an annual appraisal.
Identify to your Line Manager operational improvements to ensure continued provision of high quality service.
Through innovation and vision identify any business opportunity and pass information to Line Manager.
Assist in production of regular reports using IT reporting tools and analytical data.
Assist in other ad hoc functions within skills level, training and experience on an as-instructed basis.
Ensure customer satisfaction and feedback through relevant and current procedures.
Health & Safety:
In conjunction with the HSE&Q team, regularly monitor the safety performance of all service aspects, identifying areas for improvement.
Ensure all staff attend and receive regular toolbox talks in accordance with local procedures.
Manage the preparation and submission for approval all appropriate Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments workflow and cost through effective management techniques.
Ensure you have appropriate PPE issued and it is worn in accordance with associated risk.
Ensure all equipment, tools and PPE are adequately maintained.
The ideal candidate will have the 17th edition electrical C&G certificate or be willing to complete the course. Qualified to C&G 2360.
Have or be working towards obtaining C&G 2391 inspection and test of electrical installations would be an advantage.
The candidate will be qualified and/or trained in other building service disciplines including HVCA and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment.
The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
Being commercially aware puts the candidate at an advantage.
Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
Must be able to demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of operational health & safety.
Have good decision-making and communications skills.
Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
25 days annual leave
Auto enrol pension
Flexible benefits platform