Our Fleetcare business is going from strength to strength. Our customers recognise us as the industry expert in ensuring their fleets are both properly maintained and also compliant thus reducing down time and maximising the efficiency of their fleet.
The Maintenance EngineerRole
Our Maintenance Controller will work with our network of workshops and our main dealer network partners to make sure our customers receive the right service be it due to a breakdown, routine service or warranty work. As a team of automotive maintenance experts we are there to make the right decisions first time every time. As a Controller you will be authorising and controlling the cost of all relevant work to our customer’s vehicles in line with our standards and agreements.
You will be working in an open plan office environment where you will provide technical support to customers, both internal and external, over the telephone. Effective communication is key to ensure vehicle issues are resolved allowing our customers to be back on the road as soon as possible.
Our Maintenance Control Team is made up of people coming from industry who have experience of dealing with suppliers and customers in a pro-active way to deliver the best solution first time. They join because the want to make the transition from workshop to an office based environment, one where personal development is a key focus.
- A working knowledge of the mechanics of the motor vehicle Industry is essential in order to be successful in this role
- Basic knowledge level of IT including Excel and outlook
- Previous experience of working with “ in house” systems such as Enrich would be highly advantageous
- Commercially aware to identify efficiency opportunities without compromising quality
- Consistently seeks to improve processes
- Has a proven track record of being able to negotiate to gain a win, win solution
You may be on the tools, on a service/warranty desk or supervising technicians and want to bring that blend of technical and customer service experience to a 8am-5pm Monday to Friday Corporate office environment. Alongside this, you will want to be measured against key performance indicators both team and individual to ensure that targets are met which ultimately means our customers are receiving the level of service we expect them to.
You will have a professional approach when dealing with individuals both internally and externally and will thrive in an environment where you are able to use your technical knowledge and experience to be constantly problem solving in order to get to a solution that equally benefits us, our customers and our suppliers. Some of the traits we believe a successful Maintenance Controller possesses are below:
- Is confident to seek clarity in ambiguous situations to ensure that all requirements are met
- Challenge the status quo when necessary
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate at all levels
- Establishes themselves professionally at all times
If you are interested in the above role and you have a desire to be successful, please apply.
Maintenance Engineer Salary & Benefits
You will be working between Monday and Friday from 8am to 5pm.
A salary of £24,500 upwards dependent on experience is on offer plus an incentive of up to £4,000 per year based on performance which is paid monthly as well as a benefits package as per below.
- Industry leading pension scheme matching up to 6% of your salary
- Generous holiday allowance (starting at 22 days, increasing up to 25 days based on length of service plus bank holidays)
- Access to Perkbox which offers a wide variety of discounts across the high street and online retailers, cinemas, restaurants etc.
- Group Income Protection (available after 2 years of service)
- Life Assurance (3x basic salary)
- Eyecare Vouchers
- 24/7 GP Service
As the UK’s leading independent provider of commercial vehicle rental, contract hire and fleet maintenance for over 45 years, Ryder understands the complexities and priorities of the transportation and logistics industry. Ryder’s fleet of 20,000 vans, trucks and trailers is supported by a nationwide network of maintenance locations, 24/7 national breakdown assistance, and a large team of qualified technicians with a clear focus on uptime, compliance and choice. We work hard to understand our clients’ businesses and provide customised solutions to meet their individual transportation needs.
The driving force behind Ryder’s success is our people. Ever better™ is our purpose and our mantra. To our customers and our employees it is a promise. A promise to unlock hidden opportunities, to dig in when others let up and to commit to maintaining a workplace in which our employees are encouraged to thrive. We understand that unrivalled leadership inspires individuals and promotes continuous improvement. We respect each of our 34,000 employees worldwide, valuing their contribution, ideas and diversity, empowering and developing them as successful individuals and teams.
*Strictly no agency support