Title: Design Engineer
Territory: Based West Yorkshire
Salary: Highly competitive salary + exceptional benefits on offer
Evolve Consultant: Claire Handley
Evolve are recruiting for a global Healthcare organisation that bring a high-quality range of medical devices to the UK market.
Key roles and responsibilities for the Design Engineer
- To design and engineer new products that are innovative and uphold the high standard and quality our client believes in
- Manufacturing techniques and technology to be utilised when designing or modifying a product to ensure cost effective and efficient production.
- Effectively balance designs with regard to cost, ergonomics/anthropometrics, aesthetics, and legislative criteria whilst working to required launch date.
- Follow the design control and document control processes as written in the company quality manual.
- New product design must satisfy requirements outlined in a given design specification.
- When a product reaches a production stage, there is a need to be hands on, which involves training operatives.
- Ensure all CAD files, detailed drawings and supporting documentation is completed to a high standard, is well organised and accessible through following the document structure profile.
Minimum requirements for the Design Engineer
- You will have understanding and in-depth knowledge of CAD system SolidWorks.
- Able to understand requirements of British and International Standards to ensure non-conforming areas are solved/designed out at the design stage.
- Ability to read and create engineering drawings with realistic tolerances.
- Understanding of quality systems, particularly with regard to design changes.
- Ideally, you will have a general understanding of Medical Device Regulations and information required for product technical files and to understand the conformance team’s role.
2 stage process:
1st stage – Face to face interview
2nd stage – Assessment centre
If you want to hear more about this role, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now'!