POSITION: Engineering Manager
HOURS: Monday - Friday
SALARY: £60,000p/a circa
Our client is a well-established company within the Oil and Gas industry and are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who has experience within the industry.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop and manage strategic relationships between key industry players.
- Quantify and drive engineering department performance and develop.
- Provide essential reports and KPI's to support the business unite leadership team.
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments such as Sales, Project Management, Operations, Production and Procurement.
- Uphold the highest standards of procedural adherence to ensure compliance with the company engineering procedures and practices.
- Provide line management and leadership to the engineering team and ensure that the technical department is able to support the fast turnaround of technical tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring all functions are correctly resourced with the appropriate skills against workload demands
- Responsible for ensuring training needs of the team are identified and executed.
- Maintain an awareness of best engineering practices, new technologies, industry trends and developments to inform the business on strategic direction.
- Provide strong engineering leadership for commercial and sales activities through client interaction and pro-active problem solving.
- Monitor output of the engineering department and ensure appropriate quality of deliverables is maintained.
- Manage budgeting for department training, software, travel and other expenditure.
- Support company operations at site or client locations as required. This may include working offshore or at a third party site to support the build, installation and operation of company's equipment.
- Liaison with clients and third parties for technical meetings and to provide sales presentations.
- Responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Be professional, polite and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Adhere to and support management in the improvement of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) systems and policies
- Minimum of 5 years experience in engineering management.
- 10 years experience in design, manufacture and Installation of engineered solutions, preferably in the
- subsea oil and gas industry.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Good knowledge of mechanical, structural and subsea engineering tools and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of national and international design codes and standards.
- Experience with Design for manufacture/Design for assembly techniques.
- Proven track record in design original equipment to the highest engineering standards.
- Good working knowledge of general workshop techniques and practices.
- Full UK Driving license.
- Willingness to travel.
For more information please call Nicola at HR GO recruitment (phone number removed) or email (url removed)