Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Stanlow, Ellesmere Port
Salary: £30000 - £33000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Argent Energy is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Our main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005.
Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities have been built in the Stanlow area. We specialise in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Day to day responsibility for the site quality control and management system
- Take the lead in site, process and supplier audits ensuring effective solutions are implemented
- Provide monthly KPI's/Reports of the site quality performance to management, as well as highlight any potential issues quickly and implement effective CAPA's if required
- Handle all internal and external customer complaints
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
Safety, Health and Environment
- Carry out all activities in line with the Company's SH&E rules and guidelines
- Always wear Personal Protection Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care
- Always work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately
- Ensure all staff and visitors operate in compliance with Safety Regulations
- Make yourself aware of all Emergency procedures and Responses
- A Chemistry degree (or equivalent) and background is essential
- Ability to produce high quality statistical analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including high quality report writing
- ISO9001 internal auditing
- Continuous Improvement skills - yellow belt minimum.
- A commitment to improving quality
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of CA/PA, RCA, process capability, NCR's and quality control plans
- ISO 9001:2015 knowledge
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, be IT literate and be able to plan, create and implement relevant policies and procedures
- Candidate must be able to make decisions and solve problems, have great interpersonal skills, and be organised and methodical
- Be involved continuous programs / events as and when required
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Quality Engineer, Quality Development Engineer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, QA, Product Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Engineer, Quality Engineering, Automotive Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Quality Assurance, Quality performance Engineer, Manufacturing Quality Tester, Quality Management System Auditor, QMS Auditor will also be considered for this role.