Mechanical Design Engineer
Toro Recruitment is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join a reputable engineering business near Stockport.
The main purpose of the Mechanical Design Engineer will be to ensure that projects are being designed in a cost-effective way. As a result, input and support throughout the full project lifecycle (sales to service) is required.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will also be required to produce mechanical engineering design packs to allow for smooth installation, commissioning, operations and servicing of CHP and Tri-Generation plants.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand/develop conceptual designs into detailed designs to meet project specifications
- Produce Mechanical Designs and specifications in line with the contractual requirements (Process Flow diagrams, Process & Instrumentation diagrams/P&IDs, Functional Design Specifications, Technical Specifications, schematic drawings, detail drawings and Equipment schedules)
- Liaise with CAD Designers, coordinating and leading their activity
- Ensure design packages meet required timescales and quality standards (Layouts, General Arrangements, Piping Drawings)
- Design heat recovery, heat rejection, hot water, chilled water, steam, noise attenuation and ventilation systems through technical calculations and assessments, including safety assessments.
- Pipe and pump sizing based on maximum allowable velocities and pressure losses for various fluids.
- Specification, selection and requisition of materials for use in the build of the combined heat and power or Tri-generation system. (Heat exchangers, Pumps, Boilers, Chillers, Filters, Controls, Instrumentation).
- Ensure full adherence to HSEQ policies and participate/lead in HAZOP, HAZID, OPMAN, SIL and risk assessment studies.
- Provide technical support to the Project Manager during installation, commissioning and testing phases of the project
Skills, Qualification or Experience
- Qualified or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Capable Mechanical Engineer with experience in power generation / pipework and ventilation design / Building Services / CDM
- Experience with development and project management of Energy Projects would be beneficial
- Experience of working within the CDM regulations, current HSE legislation and ISO quality standards.
- AutoCAD or similar experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join an interesting engineering business with opportunities for growth and training. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings. (phone number removed)