For 50 years, we've been driven by the firm belief that engineers are the architects of tomorrow's world, leading the way with their daring, their expertise and their ability to push boundaries.
Every day, our 5,700 employees innovate for our clients, partnering the world's greatest engineering projects in the fields of energy, healthcare, life sciences and transport.
A fast-growing international Group, we are present in 14 countries (in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa).
Job Title: Area Engineering Manager
Duration: Staff / Contractor
Assystem are an Award-Winning International Engineering Design Consultancy who provide innovative and cutting-edge solutions. We have a number of UK based offices and a significant, loyal client base.
As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for several Area Engineering Managers to join the team in Warrington.
Area Engineering Manager
The Building Envelopes project consists of projects at various stages of the overall project lifecycle.
The Building Envelope project delivery is intended to deliver efficiencies by:
- Using a Categorised Projects team dedicated to the delivery of Building Envelope related tasks and projects using a standard delivery model.
- Utilising a standardised approach to project initiation to ensure scope is defined and underpinned consistently and robustly.
-Removing non-value-adding activities such as multiple cycling through sanctioning committees.
-Retaining LFE within the project delivery team by feeding it back into the standard delivery model.
The Area Engineering Manager is required to organise, lead, coordinate and direct the Building Envelopes Category design engineering team.
Specific responsibilities include:
-Lead the development of the engineering elements of the project/task baseline scope, schedule and budget
-Ensure work portfolio is delivered and controlled efficiently and effectively to meet agreed specification, cost and schedule
-Ensure status and performance of work is reported accurately and in a timely manner
-Lead production of design Quality Plans
-Lead co-ordination of LFE across the category
-Interfacing with design teams and stakeholders
Other duties will include:
-Attendance at relevant Project meetings and workshops
-Attendance during initial surveys within the Separation area and other areas on site
-Organising Design Review meetings
-Managing responses to technical queries and FOBs
-Regular attendance will be required at all Sellafield office and site locations along with design team delivery locations.
A full job specification is available.
Ideally you will have
- Experience of management of design delivery in a highly regulated industry preferably with specific experience in CS&A design.
- Knowledge of delivering against legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security
- Proactive and driven approach to work, taking ownership of the tasks required to be completed under their remit
- Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations
- Comfortable working under time and cost constraints
- Monitored or classified worker status is preferable
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact Aidan at or call (phone number removed)