Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £35,000- £45,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Aeropeople have partnered with an aerospace component manufacturer who are now seeking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer to be based at their facility in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire.
Established more than 45 years ago, our client is one of Europe’s leading suppliers to the aviation industry supporting both the Civil and Military sectors. Their services include exchanges, loans, lease, repair management, pooling and flying hour agreements and a full AOG service 365 days per year.
They specialise in both fixed wing and rotary aircraft, supplying components to major OEM’s, Airlines and Military customers.
The purpose of the Manufacturing Engineer role is to generate high quality manufacturing instructions and information, and assist the shop floor in the use of these to ensure efficient production of high quality tooling and components.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8am- 4.45pm.
- To provide method/ process information to all manufacturing areas of the business
- Compilation/ generation of manufacturing information – Lay-up books, check sheets, templates for kit generation, kit information and assembly details
- Shop Floor Liaison
- Technical supervision within projects
- Conduct experiments & tests, compilation of data, and technical reporting.
- To integrate with the company’s ERP system as required for each project.
- To be aware of schedule requirements and inform the Project Manager of any deviations as soon as possible.
- Continuous improvement in the efficiency and accuracy for the flow of manufacturing information.
- To assist in manufacturing improvement plans through tool and lay-up design
- Fully comply with Company Policies including Health and Safety at all times
- Annual salary of £35,000- £45,000
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension- up to 7.5% matched
- Bupa medical cover after 1 year service
- Free, onsite parking
- Onsite gym for employees
- Previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Previous experience in composites is essential for this role
- Knowledge of LEAN practices/ principles
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs