Job Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Greater Manchester
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our Cyber Centre based in Manchester. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position
Primary Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems as part of an Agile team within the Cyber Centre’s Cloud Capability.
- Leadership of an Agile Software Delivery Teams from both a technical and line management perspective
- Development of high performing teams with a focus on software excellence.
- Own the standards of software engineering practice applied in your teams.
- Design and develop new product functionality within the context of an Agile software delivery team.
- Collaborate with your peers on Technical strategy within your teams.
- Drive the continuous improvement of practice and code within your teams.
- Mentoring of team members and colleagues beyond your line management remit.
- This position reports to the Cloud Capability Lead
- Previous experience of producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline
- Extensive experience of native Cloud
- Extensive experience working with Cloud first technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery environment
Desirable Skills (some of)
- Experience of TDD, BDD
- Experience of applying Software Architecture Patterns
- Java (or similar high-level language) application development
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Docker / ECS / ACS Kubernetes containerisation and orchestration
- Puppet / Chef / Jenkins / CI pipelines
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
• Professional Cloud Qualifications ie AWS Developer, Architect, SYSOps, Elastic, Kubernetes, SaFe
• Degree or equivalent industry experience essential.
• Evidence of ongoing professional development.