Position: Engineering Manager
Location: Wirral/ Merseyside
Salary £60-75k per annum
Hours : 37.5 Monday to Friday
This role is open to relocation package for UK residents.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering management.
• 10 years’ experience in design, manufacture and installation of engineered solutions, preferably in the subsea oil and gas industry.
• Chartered Engineer status.
• Good knowledge of mechanical, structural and subsea engineering tools and techniques.
• Knowledge and understanding of national and international design codes and standards.
• Experience with Design for manufacture/Design for assembly techniques.
• Proven track record in design original equipment to the highest engineering standards.
• Good working knowledge of general workshop techniques and practices.
• Full UK Driving license.
• Appreciation and respect for safety in the workplace and home.
• Willingness to travel.
The client provides engineered products for the offshore oil and gas market, with a combined office and production facility based in the Wirral. The company provides solutions to various subsea challenges and has a range of existing technologies for diver less and diver assisted connection systems for the subsea oil and gas market. The business also provides engineered flanged connection systems for onshore applications; power generation; petrochemical and topside oil and gas. The company has extensive engineering capability and project manages the manufacture and delivery of the systems. The company also provides onshore and offshore support for the installation and commissioning of completed pipeline connection systems.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Adhere to and support management in the improvement of Company Health, Safety
and Environment (HSE) systems and policies
• To work within the Company Quality Management System (QMS) and demonstrate a
commitment to its improvement & effectiveness
• To promote and share Company vision, objectives and values.
• Develop and manage strategic relationships between Company and key industry
• Enforce business policies to meet targets and company needs.
• Quantify and drive engineering department performance.
• Provide essential reports and KPI’s to support the business unite leadership team.
• Foster close working relationships with associated departments such as Sales, Project
Management, Operations, Production and Procurement.
• Uphold the highest standards of procedural adherence to ensure compliance with the
company engineering procedures and practices.
• Provide line management for the engineering team and ensure that the technical
department is able to support the fast turnaround of technical tasks.
• Be a team player with a professional and dynamic approach
• Responsible for ensuring all functions are correctly resourced with the appropriate skills
against workload demands.
• Responsible for ensuring training needs of the team are identified and executed
• Maintain an awareness of best engineering practices, new technologies, industry trends
and developments to inform the business on strategic direction.
• Provide strong engineering leadership for commercial and sales activities through client
interaction and pro-active problem solving.
• Monitor output of the engineering department and ensure appropriate quality of
deliverables is maintained.
• Manage budgeting for department training, software, travel and other expenditure.
• Support company operations at site or client locations as required. This may include
working offshore or at a third party site to support the build, installation and operation
of Company equipment.
• Mentoring of new team members and support of team members.
• Liaison with clients and third parties for technical meetings and to provide sales
• Responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement.
• Be professional, polite and contribute to a positive work environment.