Maintenance Shift Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Ballymena, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Mixture of days and nights (closed Saturday)
Prospero Engineering are seeking a Maintenance Shift Engineer with a strong background in Mechanical and Electrical process machinery. You will need to have experience with Fault finding on PLC's and able to understand Ladder Logic diagrams. Roughly speaking we are looking for experience of 80/20 Electrical/Mechanical respectively. The role will predominately involve Reactive Maintenance/Break-Fix on complex industrial machines.
To ensure that the plant, machinery and equipment meets agreed standards of performance and to comply with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Summary of responsibilities:
- To ensure that you comply with the health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the associated Regulations relating to your work, and with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and procedure, and be responsible for your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- To ensure that you comply with the Company’s Quality Policy and Quality Manual, Procedures and Work Instructions relating to your work, and in particular, Company standards on quality, hygiene and housekeeping.
- To work closely with both your shift (Team) and the Engineering Department to carry out any servicing, repairs and maintenance to agreed and accepted Company standards, and to enable production on the machines to meet agreed performance standards, and quality of product to be manufactured within specification.
- Ensure the fast resolution of any problems, and to ensure safety, optimize machine efficiency and minimize waste levels.
- To ensure that you work together with other members of your team, and with other employees, to ensure the achievement of all the above.
- To participate in the cover system.
- To be flexible enough to work, out of contractual hours as necessary to fulfil the needs of your role to work away from the site if required.
- To attend any courses or visits arranged as part of your development and training programme.
- To co-operate with any Trials or changes to working practices.
- To suggest new projects or working practices to ensure continual improvement in health and safety, quality, performance and the general functioning of the site.
- To carry out all Planned Preventative Maintenance on schedule, to agreed and accepted Company standards, and to comply with agreed safe working practices at all times.
- To monitor the performance of the machinery and equipment, and to be pro-active in avoiding downtime by initiating and necessary improvement measures prior to failure.
- To ensure that any routine day to day engineering tasks (e.g. breakdowns, servicing and maintenance work) are priorities to be agreed with the Shift Manager and/or Engineering Technical Manager, as appropriate.
- To work closely with your colleagues to ensure the communication of all safety issues, quality and machinery problems that might affect safety issues, quality and machinery problems that might affect safety or performance standards.
- Repair any breakdown within the plant or site as requested.
- Minimise waste levels to achieve business targets.
- To assist with production, improvements, projects and reconfigurations as required.
- To carry out any reasonable request from your Engineering Technical Manager.
Please note all applicants must be eligible to live and work in Northern Ireland/UK
Maintenance Engineer / Shift Engineer / Maintenance Shift Engineer / Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Reactive Maintenance Engineer