Automation, Special purpose Machinery, Mechanical Handling Systems
This growing engineering business designs, develops and manufactures bespoke cutting-edge special purpose machinery including automation and robotic systems for installation on sites across the globe.
The Product Development function is responsible for the design, testing and manufacture of a wide range of automated products and the Projects team is now looking for a Safety Engineering Project Manager to take responsibility for driving automation projects to completion on all safety and compliance matters.
You will be ensuring that safety related activities are carried out in accordance with the departmental methodology, and with a growing international project portfolio, this is a pivotal position within the team.
- Project managing the planning, execution, control and closing of safety and regulatory compliance related-work
- Defining success milestones and manage development programs within budget and to timescale
- Ensuring that appropriate contractual arrangements are negotiated and in place
- Responsibility for tracking safety and reporting compliance status for all projects to senior management
- Ensuring there is no outstanding technical debt associated with safety and regulatory compliance when machines at deployed on site
You should have a good mix of the following skills and experience;
- An Engineering qualification, to HND or Degree level
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware
- Proven track record in system or technical design and delivery
- Experience in a safety/compliance role in a similar industry
- Experience in managing project budgets
- Ability to quantify and/or qualify project risk against business impact and take appropriate decisions
Excellent Salary, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Shares, 23 days holiday rising to 25 with service.