Engineer - PLM
An Engineer with PLM is required to work on a three month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
This is a contract working within the Naval Ships Industry.
Overview of the Engineer - PLM contract role
As an Engineer - PLM you will be a key contributor in integrating our processes, data, technology and people to deliver enhanced Product Lifecycle Management in our Global Combat Ship (GCS)multi-programme environment, which includes the Royal Navy program and the recently awarded Export Combatant programmes.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineer - PLM will be:
- Analysing and capturing business requirements to deliver GCS PLM enhancements through engagement with key stakeholders
- Ensuring the PLM approach satisfies relevant business functional stakeholders, such as engineering, production planning and manufacturing
- Analysing stakeholder processes to support PLM enhancements
- Specifying requirements for our Product Data Management (PDM) system and ERP interface
- Embracing our world-class PLM approach, both internally and externally (focussed on benefits in improved quality, cost and schedule)
- Resolving information and process issues relating to design, production planning and manufacture
Your skills and qualifications:
- A thorough understanding of PLM processes and capturing requirements
- Experience with improving the use of CAD/PLM/PDM/ERP toolsets e.g. PTC / Siemens toolsets (Windchill / TeamCenter), Aveva ERM etc.
- Understanding of product information management principles
- Experience with managing information in complex engineering and manufacturing environments
- Experience of product configuration management across multiple variants is preferable
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on (url removed) or phone (phone number removed)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)