The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the day to day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility. An opportunity has arisen in the development / Production manufacturing lines, for a support engineer who would be responsible for translating design requirements into user instructions including the development of the project manufacturing architecture.
What are we looking for?
- Formal technical Engineering / Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 OR
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
- Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation.
What’s in it for you?
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training
- You will take a key role in the Manufacturing Engineering team
- The work is technically challenging and rewarding. The variety of work offered within the team also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- Working with the Principal Engineer, you will be working in multi-functional teams, responsible for tooling control and manufacturing problem identification and resolution
- Support existing manufacturing lines and new product introduction
- Compilation and update of Manufacturing Instructions
- Resolution of technical problems that may arise during the manufacturing process
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA’s, FAI’s etc.
- Management of Configuration control by the embodiment of Design Modifications into the Manufacturing Instructions
- Support to the Non Conformance Process using SAP
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM), supporting Design for Test and Cost.
What’s great about the team?
You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-functional operations team who strive for personal and professional excellence working on new product lines
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)