There is now a vacancy for a Tool Design Engineer to join a leading company near Crawley, West Sussex. Salary for the Tool Design Engineer is c£40k + benefits.
Tool Design Engineer - Overview of Role and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the tool designing and manufacturing team
- Designing of new tools and undertaking product trials
- Varied design and development work
- Preparation and modifications of designs
- Customer liaison to ensure highest possible standard of product accuracy and quality
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings as part of the process
Tool Design Engineer - Person Requirements:
- Experience of tool design using 2D CAD
- Experienced in a mechanical engineering, workshop environment.
- Ideally degree / HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of 3D CAD would be beneficial
- Experienced in workshop techniques - milling, turning, welding
- Able to measure components accurately using vernier, calliper etc
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills