There is now a vacancy for a Toolroom Supervisor to join a successful manufacturing company near Crawley, West Sussex. As Toolroom Supervisor you will be offered a salary in the region of c£40k + benefits.
This is a hands-on role, but also with supervisory responsibilities. The Toolroom Supervisor will be working as part of an established tool design and manufacturing team. Good workshop machining skills are essential, and experience of staff management / supervision. Any design capability would also be useful.
Overview of Role and Accountabilities:
- Working as part of the tool manufacturing / design team
- Undertaking manual machining including milling and turning
- Designing of new tools and undertaking product trials
- Varied tool design and development work
- Supervising and encouraging staff in working to tight deadlines with multiple job priorities
- Customer liaison to ensure highest possible standard of product accuracy and quality
- Qualified in Mechanical Engineering, in a relevant discipline
- Experienced in workshop techniques - milling, turning, welding
- Staff management / supervision experience is required
- Ideally some design capability, e.g. CAD
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
- Able to manage multiple workloads against deadlines