Our client has a new and exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer
To carry out the repair, installation and scheduled planned maintenance of all electrical and mechanical plant and equipment in compliance with company procedures in order to minimise plant breakdowns.
Key Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge and experience in electrical and mechanical engineering.
- A relevant craft qualification;
- At least 5 years’ experience of electrical work;
- An ability to work as part of a team and with a minimum of supervision;
- Electrical and mechanical fault finding skills.
- Experience working in a similar environment
- Good communicator
- Team player as well as ability to work alone
- Can work under pressure, set and achieve deadlines
- Fully conversant with all processes relating to mechanical fitting.
- Medically fit to enter confined spaces
- Able to read Engineering Drawings
- Good IT skills required, capable of using Microsoft office and other software packages relevant to the job.
To communicate with departmental heads and suppliers to resolve machine breakdowns and maintenance requirements, investigate the nature of plant failures and subsequently carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to production, carry out electrical work as directed, including the testing and repair of all electrical equipment. Maintain an awareness of all relevant IEEE and Electricity at Work.
- To take ownership of a task and arrange the necessary support services direct.
- To continue to strive to develop and improve maintenance strategies, improving operational performance and efficiencies throughout the sites.
Implement and maintain company procedures at all times, Immediate start for the right candidate