Test Engineer – Slough
£25000 - £35000, Pension, 25 days holiday
This leading manufacturer of electro-mechanical engineering products is seeking a Test Engineer to be responsible for design verification testing of products, during new product development and throughout the full product life cycle.
The role will have the following responsibilities;
- Plan and implement design verification tests
- Develop test fixtures and methods to confirm suitability of designs
- Ownership for mechanical laboratory, ensuring equipment and the facility comply with all applicable safety, quality and performance standards
- Provide a product calibration and certification service
- Purchase and maintain equipment/consumables in the Mechanical Lab
- Oversee calibration records for equipment in the labs.
- Author, manage and maintain engineering documents including test reports, approval reports, test procedures, etc.
- Conduct failure analysis on field returns
- Assist Quality Assurance and Production Engineering teams with product investigations and audits
The ideal candidate should have a good mix of the following skills and experience;
- Ideally, a degree in Engineering or Physics, supplemented by some practical relevant experience in product testing, evaluation and failure analysis. HND will be considered with appropriate experience.
- Knowledge of test and performance evaluation standards
- Previous experience in product testing.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD systems such as Creo, SolidWorks and AutoCAD for 2D, is ideal but not essential
- Operational experience using tool room machines such as CNC Mill and Lathe equipment would be ideal but is not essential.