JN Technical are recruiting an experienced Structural Engineer to join a national construction company who specialise in the fabrication and erection of complex steel structures across the UK. In this role you will be working out of our clients South Wales office.
Structural Engineer applicants must have:
- Extensive experience in working within the UK steelwork industry
- Degree or equivalent in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Connection design experience
- Excellent design calculation capabilities and experience of using sector-related software packages such as Tekla Structural Designer (Fastrak Building Designer), Fastrak Portal Frame, Masterframe / STAAD PRO, Masterseries Connections etc.
Structural Engineer Job Scope:
- Work closely with clients, colleagues and other professionals, using construction plans, drawings and specifications;
- Develop design ideas using current industry software;
- Apply loadings to and calculate stresses and loadpaths through different parts of a structure;
- Ensure that projects meet legal guidelines, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements;
- Maintain quality service by following company standards;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Provide progress reports to clients and senior managers;
- Robust knowledge of structural mechanics and engineering principles,
- Private Health Care
- Company Pension
- Car Allowance
- Opportunity to work on iconic and prestigous steel structures
This is an excellent opportunity to join an market leading construction company.