Civil Engineering Technician
Due to an expanding workload we are currently seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Technician for our client based in Cardiff. The ideal candidate will hold an HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or similar.
Working under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, you will report to your line manager as part of the Civils team responsible for the design, submission and approval of a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, educational, healthcare & commercial sectors. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from a technical approval viewpoint.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Attend internal design review meetings
- Preparation of simple calculations
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD
- Supporting the administration of projects
- Supporting the Civil Engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards
- Meeting agreed deadlines
- Working in both an office environment and on site
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System
- Keeping training log up to date and attending, where necessary, CPD/training events
- Adhere to health & safety regulations
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards
- Conversant with current building regulations
- Designing to NHBC standards
- Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development
- Earthworks modelling would be advantageous
- Appropriate qualification in civil engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 2 years' experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be
advantageous, as well as experience in Drainage Design
- Experience of using AutoCAD, Civils 3D or PDS software
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work with other design team members in the design process.
- HNC/HND in Civil Engineering
- At least two years' post qualification design experience in the civils sector.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Proficient use of AutoCAD and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as Civils3D PDS, and MicroDrainage
- A solid understanding of road, levels and drainage designs
- The right attitude and cultural fit for our organisation
What You Will Get If Successful
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working
- Workplace Pension
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on (url removed) or call (phone number removed). We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to (url removed). This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.