A world leader in aerospace component manufacturingÂ are currently searching for an Electronics Engineer to carry out all engineering activities in support of new and existing projects as designated by the Engineering Development Manager. If you have an Electronics degree with bench-based experience working on power electronics and/or analogue electronic circuits, then we will want to hear from you.
- Electronic hardware design and verification for a variety of product
- Production of PCB layouts for power electronics
- Component placement and decoupling
- Reviewing PCB layouts and working with other engineers such as PCB Draughtsmen and Mechanical Design Engineers.
- Perform various engineering activities including schematic capture, simulation, component selection, derating, MTBF, analysis/calculations, BoM generation, prototyping, design verification and qualification, commissioning, technical reporting, configuration control and post development tasks.
- Design for manufacturability and test plan generation
- Research and promote design improvements, cost reductions and new materials for existing designs
- Degree qualified in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Schematic capture and PCB Layout experience using Altium or other PCB layout software
- Must have a good understanding of different switch mode topologies and how they work
- Must have knowledge of the generation and control of EMC/EMI
- The ability to program and code microcontrollers in C would be preferable
- Must have good technical reporting skills
- Use of test lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and DVM would be a necessity
- Must be able to carry out root cause analysis to component level
- Hours Monday to Thursday 8am5pm Friday 8am1pm
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Sick Pay Scheme
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Local gym membership
- Free on-site car parking