After a swell in contracts and a strong push into other markets the engineering department are now looking to expand quickly to cope with the increased workload.
With a strong and diverse pipeline, the company is now winning more business than ever, working across multiple sectors with current projects ranging from high quality residential developments to affordable housing, commercial developments and industrial units as well refurbishments and smaller domestic developments- providing a great & exciting opportunity for successful candidates.
Successful individuals must have an excellent background working with building structures, a good number of year's experience as a Structural or Civil Engineer within the UK as well being able to work unsupervised and able lead part of or to complete projects where necessary maintaining a high attention to detail- overseeing projects from conception to construction.
As an experienced, preferably chartered, engineer candidates will be BEng or MEng qualified and will possess a minimum of 7 years relevant experience within any of the above sectors., whilst also having project management experience and be confident in their ability to face clients.
As an Engineer main duties will include but are not limited to:
* Specifying, tendering and checking 3rd party engineering packages or preparing the relevant designs in house where required
* Implementing the detailed design of reinforced concrete, timber, steelwork & masonry amongst others
* Carry out and assist with civil/structural designs (dependant on career experience) following detailed specifications
* Ensure both design work and projects are completed to the agreed timescales
* Sketching construction details for site staff
* Facilitating the interaction between site and third-party designers
* Project management of engineering delivery
* Communications with external professionals
* Site Inspections and surveys
* Quality Assurance & checking