Job Title: Projects Engineer
Reporting To: Projects Team Leader
Responsible For: N/A
Manage projects for the range of PA machines and tools to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Upon instruction from your Team Leader and after liaising with Sales Engineer assist in the creation of an initial proposal drawing detailing PA’s understanding of the customers requirements.
- Attend customer site with Sales Engineer to clarify customer requirements. Where necessary make modifications to proposal.
- Liaise with Team Leader / Design and Production to ensure that PA is fully aware of customer’s requirements.
- Liaise with Seal Technologist to ensure that all seal and filling trials are completed.
- Ensure that Acceptance Protocol and Machine Specification are signed off by the customer.
- Upon receipt of order ensure that a detailed handover is carried out with Design and Systems.
- Produce a Gant Chart for the project, incorporating key milestones and the customers agreed delivery date.
- Ensure that the progress of the order through the factory is maintained in relation to the Gant Chart.
- Where any problems occur liaise with the Team Leader of that department to reach a solution.
- Ensure the customer’s specification is adhered to and is within the agreed timescales.
- Keep customer informed at relevant stages of the machine build.
- Upon completion of machine build assist in a full PDI. Where necessary ensure that all faults are rectified and delivery date met.
- Prepare and complete all documentation necessary for machine delivery to customer site.
- If required attend customer site to oversee the installation of machine.
- If required, oversee production to ensure that the machine functions to customer’s requirements, keeping the Project Team Leader informed of progress.
- Maintain customer contact to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Inform Accounts when 10% retention can be collected.
- Where necessary respond promptly to requests to attend customer sites for the purpose of breakdown of machines / fault finding.
- Resolve situations as quickly and efficiently as possible liaising with the customer as required.
- Report findings to your Team Leader / Production Manager and Design Department as appropriate.