A large metrology manufacturer are looking for Field Service Engineer to cover South West of the UK. You'll be responsible for conducting maintenance, repairs and training on a range of Optical machines, hand tools and measurement equipment. You will have a strong engineering background with the ability to fault finding on both mechanical and electrical equipment with experience of working to tight tolerances.
Commutable from: Bristol, Gloucester, Taunton, Weston Super Mare, Exeter, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall
Salary: Negotiable + Company Car + Bonus, Pension & 28 Days holidays.
- Reporting into the Field Service Manager, you'll be responsible for supporting customers and distributors through servicing, calibration and technical assistance on optical equipment.
- Carrying out site visits to service, maintain and training staff on how to use machinery. Attend breakdowns when required.
- Maintain and record reports on site visits, record issues and breakdown and report major issues to Field Service Manager
- Offer technical support through emails and phone calls to customers.
- Support fellow Field Service Engineers with breakdowns or technical support.
Apprentice trained within mechanical engineering with experience working within a field service role.
Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical and software based products, with experience working on CNC Optical machines and metrology equipment with a background of working to tight tolerances.
Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to plan days and work under pressure.
Confident with using Microsoft Office.
Full UK Driving License
To apply, please contact James Randall with a current CV via email or call on (phone number removed)