This market leading global company is looking for an ambitious Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their thriving Derby based facility. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the role offers a package of £31-37k for a Mon-Fri 3 shift pattern, plus pension and 25 days holiday plus stats.
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer must have a keen commitment to solution based maintenance with a proven fault finding background within automated process manufacturing. The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will be time served or equivalent with a basic knowledge of electrics and PLC systems and have the flexibility to provide call out weekend cover as and when needed.
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer role provides the fantastic opportunity to work for a company who;
- Are an established Global company with sites Worldwide
- Is one of the largest producers within their field
- Has a plan to become a billion dollar business over the next 5 years investing widely within both its businesses and employees
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager in this busy role, you will be an experienced maintenance engineer who will drive to improve plant and engineering standards across the site.
You will be responsible for providing support throughout this busy, vibrant business, ensuring Production Machinery is maintained & repaired to the highest standards to enable maximum production with minimum interruptions and breakdowns.
- Planned maintenance on plant & equipment to a high standard
- Responding to breakdowns
- Installation and relocation of production equipment
- Maintenance records
- Mechanical and Electrical Fault Finding
- Liaise with Contractors, Suppliers, Engineering Companies and other departments
- Assist with Stock Takes
- Work overtime and carry out call-outs when required
The successful candidate will be a well organised, self-driven individual with a good work ethic and a desire to work in a busy working environment.
You will also be:
- Time served in an engineering or related subject (or equivalent)
- Experienced within a process manufacturing environment.
- Highly conscientious with a strong work ethic, continually aspiring to drive change
- Display good Electrical & Mechanical skills with the ability to interpret drawings
- Display a basic understanding of electrical fault finding and PLC systems
- Experience within the ceramics or rubber Industry and relevant machinery would be advantageous but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving, stable business and take ownership of this busy role. The ideal applicant will bring integrity and accountability to the role and will display the following;
- Highly conscientious with a strong work ethic.
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Punctual, presentable and with good attendance.
- Pro-active thinker with a can do attitude.
- Works well as part of a team or on their own.
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer role is a great opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing and evolving business looking to create a new culture based around ambitious and pro active individuals looking for career progression.
Once again a package of £31-37k for a Mon-Fri 3 shift pattern, plus pension and 25 days holiday plus stats is offered.
If you wish to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please use the 'apply now' button or contact Jo Eley on (phone number removed) for further details.
BE Engineering Ltd is a relationship driven recruiting partnership offering a confidential and personalised career service throughout the UK. We are interested to hear from high calibre professionals across all areas of engineering and manufacturing who are looking for their next progression. Our highly motivated and quality driven consultancy will work to connect you with the very best opportunities in the market. Contact us now on (phone number removed)