There is now a vacancy for an Electronics Production Engineer / Electronics Process Engineer to join a successful manufacturing company in north Kent. Salary package for the Electronics Production Engineer / Electronics Process Engineer is up to £32k + benefits.
Electronics Production Engineer / Process Engineer – JOB SCOPE :
The position will assist in day to day plant operations, maintaining machines, validating programs and ensuring production are always supported. You will be required to improve manufacturing efficiencies by utilising continuous improvement techniques whilst maintaining a high level of quality.
Electronics Production Engineer / Process Engineer – MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
• First line support and troubleshooting for all production breakdown issues.
• Will be responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects.
• Perform engineering analysis to reduce downtime and stoppages.
• Manage a portfolio of projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater value, using appropriate methodology.
• Implement a formal program that focuses on reducing process and product variation.
• Champion changes and improvements from start to finish. To achieve this the person will have to work with different departments to push through this change.
• To advise on new manufacturing techniques.
• Validate machine programs.
• Create SPI programs.
• Maintain/create AOI programs.
• To undertake responsibility for oven profiling.
• Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
• The creation & control of shopfloor processes.
• Other relevant duties as required.
• Hands on approach to all tasks/mechanically minded.
• Understanding and implementing process improvement.
• Experience gained in a Manufacturing/Engineering role. Knowledge of ERP/MRP.
• Experience of SMD PCB assembly is essential.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.