£40000 + Great Company Package
This Assistant Engineering Manager role is to ensure the running of an efficient & effective engineering operation that meets the targets set out TFL, the end employer & VOSA.
The successful Assistant Engineering Manager will be part of a team led by the Engineering Director, Regional General Managers & Engineering General Managers, which work together to resolve the practical and engineering issues facing the London fleet.
Key Responsibilities are:
• To provide a high level of technical expertise and support to engineering staff’ to ensure their skills and competence levels continually improve and to identify training needs.
• Ensure that all staff within the garage fully understand and comply with company and statutory requirements in terms of Health & Safety and operating procedures.
• To ensure that the depots peak vehicle requirement is achieved on a daily basis and to ensure that all vehicles supplied for service are cleaned and maintained to a high standard that exceeds the statutory requirements set out by VOSA.
• Dealing with the maintenance, health and safety and environmental impact of Company premises and ensuring legislative compliance.
• Responsibility for staffing levels, recruitment, training, management, communication and pay of all engineering staff, adhering to Company policies, procedures and formal union agreements. This includes absence and performance management.
• To build and deliver the engineering budget for your area of the business and ensure that targets are met.
• Reduce waste and improve efficiency wherever possible.
• Effective and efficient administration as record keeping and processing paperwork is an essential part of this role.
The successful Assistant Engineering Manager will have experience in engineering management and supply evidence of excellent communication skills, a detailed knowledge of technical engineering, engineering procedures and health and safety legislation. They should be adaptable, determined, and analytical, have evidence of achievement, and have successful experience of developing and managing staff; intermediate level of I.T. skills would be desirable. Proven ability to add value and move the business forward is also vital.
To apply for this Assistant Engineering Manager role please please reply to this advert with a copy of your CV or call David @ Kemp Recruitment on (phone number removed).