You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical/Piping Designer – Permanent – Salary + Benefits – Hampshire
Our client are a establish Engineering consultancy company and they are seeking a Mechanical & Piping Designer to work on mixture of site and design work within the Pharmaceutical & Chemical industries.
- Conversant in materials of construction, functions and impact of stress analysis, insulation, installed instruments commonly used.
- Thorough understanding of common equipment and capable of routing all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&IDs and project standards, including the impact of specific service conditions on piping design.
- Experienced in more complex piping systems such as lined and jacketed pipe and impact of material supply and fabrication on piping design.
- Ensuring that conventional HS&E protection requirements are embodied in the designs.
- Takes a hands-on and lead role with responsibility for all piping design and layout in an assigned area including;
- Setting piping layout concepts
- Assuring quality and consistency and ensuring that safety is built in
- Operational compliance
- Maintenance and construction requirements are incorporated
- Support a cost focused approach to plant layout and piping design such that installed and operational costs are minimise
- To coach less experienced individuals and also to agree work assignments with the Piping Group Manager
- Suitable Professional Qualification
- Relevant Piping Design Engineering experience in the Pharmaceutical industry, chemicals or equivalent industries.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Leadership skills, with a view to managing people
- 3D experience is essential, Plant3D would be an advantage or other AutoCAD based 3D package i.e. Autoplant etc. would be considered.
- It is important that you can participate in project engineering activities.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.