You can save this job and apply at a later date.
CMM Lead Operator
JOB: CMM Lead Operator
Salary: Circa £24,102
Out client is a major 1st tier automotive parts supplier with a growing order book, due to career progression they now require a CMM Lead Operator to join the team reporting to the Uk Dimensional Manager.
CMM Lead Operator Scope of the Role:
- Writing new programs as well as operation of the CMM.
- Preparing measurement reports and conducting annual layout verification measurements.
- To provide support and day to day technical guidance to the CMM operative(s).
- Will also be the direct plant lead for plant measurement activities through the dimensional Manager. Will offer support for plant dimensional tech’s
CMM Lead Operator Key Responsibilities:
- To write new programs from CAD models using PC-DMIS to measure parts. Software used: PC-DMIS 2015.1, CAD ++, Hardware: Romer Absolute Arm, with integral scanner.
- Able to read and understand basic GD&T
- Provide technical support and guidance to the CMM operative(s).
- Support metrology Investigation/approval/concerns as appropriate.
- Preparation and completion of measurement reports / capability data.
- To follow all relevant instructions, both written and verbal, and highlight any deficiencies observed in the process.
- Support product and assembly launch activities
- Inform the dimensional manager of any problems that exist which may affect the quality of the product and VB build.
- Suggest and support corrective and preventative actions with the aim of better accuracy.
- To work safely at all times, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety regulations and reporting all Health and Safety concerns immediately.
- Work with the Engineering team to improve production performance agreed standards and work with team members as needed
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
John Douglas Associates