Job Overview: Due to ongoing growth we have been tasked by our client, an established plastics manufacturer to source and recruit 2x Multi - Skilled Maintenance Engineers to join their team.
- As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be required to maximise machine productivity and minimise machine downtimes by attending machine breakdowns, maintaining and servicing all production equipment and ancillaries.
- As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will have strong electrical/mechanical applications with proven experience of problem solving, fault finding and repairing of manufacturing machinery as well as robots, automated systems and assembly lines.
- It would be a distinct advantage if the candidate has experience in plastics manufacturing (blow / injection moulding) The ideal candidate MUST have a C&G or BTEC within electrical engineering.
- NOTE** As long as candidates have experience of working with electrical systems and can read electrical schematics, it is NOT essential for candidates to hold a 16th, 17th or 18th Edition electrical installation certificate **
- Identify health and safety risks and ensure that the plant and equipment is maintained in a safe working order and that safe working practices are followed at all times.
- Inform the Engineering Supervisor/Production Supervisor of any relevant issues in relation to quality, safety and maintenance.
- To work in a professional manner, complying at all times with company policy on safety, hygiene and housekeeping.
- To monitor performance of the plant and equipment and to carry out adjustments and maintenance to ensure the agreed quality and efficient standards are achieved.
- To carry out maintenance work on plant and equipment with regards to improving reliability, downtime and machines induced quality problems. This will include all mechanical and electrical work.
- To accurately complete all associated maintenance documentation and submit to the appropriate person.
- Identify/rectify all aspects of machine faults (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic).
- To attend machine breakdowns in a timely manner and in conjunction with the Production Supervisor/Production Manager ensuring working is prioritised to keep machine down time to a minimum.
- Assist with the installation/implementation of machine improvements and projects.
- Be available for over-time and callouts when required.
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time as directed by the Engineering Supervisor/Technical Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in plastics manufacturing (blow moulding) would be a distinct advantage
- Sound knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electronic/electrical automation controls.
- A recognised qualification in electrical engineering must be held (City & Guilds or BTEC National Certificate
- HNC in Electrical or Mechanical is desirable but not essential
- Completion of recognised apprenticeship
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Fault finding techniques
- Effective time management
- Reliability and thoroughness
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication
- Ability to work well in a team or on own initiative
Key Words: “Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Electrical Maintenance Engineer”, “Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Engineer”, “Injection Moulding”, “Blow Moulding” “Plastics”, “food automation”, FMCG, Automation, Packaging,
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.