Engineering Manager - SCADA/PLC based Control Systems
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Engineering Manager to lead our team of software and hardware engineers delivering major infrastructure projects.
You will be based in our London Office and play a key role in the Company's automation business - leading project teams and taking responsibility for delivering systems in accordance with client technical and contractual requirements.
Reporting to the Operations Director, your duties will include:
- Managing the day to day activities of the engineering teams; ensuring training and development plans are in place
- Liaison with Project Leaders to ensure successful execution of projects
- Ensuring compliance with the SHEQ systems and contributing to the development and continuous improvement of the systems
- Project management including client liaison, leading client progress meetings, planning and reporting
- Managing the project budget and providing the information required for billing and management of work in progress
- Writing and reviewing project documents such as quality plans, functional design specifications
- Leading the commissioning and test of systems - including supervision
- The business is looking to expand and there are opportunities to grow the business and for advancement within it
- The company has an active training policy and encourages employees to develop and diversify their skills within the business
- They are always looking to adopt new technologies and broaden their range of services
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- An HNC / HND/ degree in a relevant engineering/technical subject.
- Membership of a professional institution
- A good technical understanding of SCADA & PLC based control system hardware and software and the management of design and build software projects
- Good general M&E project experience
- Excellent IT skills and use of MS Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate professional and personal credibility and the ability to build strong working relationships with clients
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision when required
- Possess a full UK driving licence
- Be flexible in terms of hours of attendance and working at customer sites, on occasion work outside of normal office hours will be required during commissioning and testing of systems
- You will be required to undergo a criminal record check before any job offer is confirmed. This is a requirement of some of our clients.
TERMS & BENEFITS
- Based at the London Office with travel to the Manchester office and clients' sites as required.
- A competitive salary with annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme - with the company contributing 5% of salary
- Training Opportunities
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays plus the annual Christmas shutdown
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.