Engineering manager required for a well-estabilished manufacturer based in the Sittingbourne area. Our client manufacture a range of Material Handling Solutions, and supply a range of industries worldwide. The succesful candidate will be reporting to the managing director and will be responsible for the day to day management and development of the conveyors division. You will also be enhanicing all conveyor related engineering functions and divisions achieving development, growth and increased productivity. Industry training will be provided. Office based.
Engineering Manager - Conveyors Position Overview
- Provide technical / engineering support and advice to the production and sales departments and to other companies in the group where appropriate.
- Design, develop and manage production processes and a plant development strategy that considers the needs of the company and the impact of new and improved processes, technology and special machines.
- Maximise profitability by delivering cost reduction and greater efficiency. Providing product design and development resource to support local and group strategy including the realisation of new products.
- Lead the technical design team, scheduling work and resource.
- Design, reconfigure, draw and develop specialist conveyor systems.
- Project manage developments and conveyor systems through the company processes.
- Ensure that H&S and any hygienic requirements are met (CE approval).
Engineering Manager - Conveyors Position Requirements
- A mechanical engineering background.
- Proficient in the use of 3D-CAD. Autodesk Inventor preferred.
- HNC, degree or equivalent in engineering.
- Best practice knowledge of Engineering Project Management and Quality Systems.
- A good knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge of the H&S requirements of the Machinery Directive (CE marking).
- Knowledge of regulations and design requirements for machines used in the food processing sector including materials suitable for contact with foodstuffs desirable
- Knowledge of ISO9001 desirable
Engineering Manager - Conveyors Position Remuneration
- Starting salary: £40,000-£50,000 dependent on experience
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.