You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Electrical Design Engineer
Junior Electrical Design Engineer - System Design & Verification - Electrical Calculations / CAD Design
£22-£25k + Profit Bonus + Training and Development
Low / Medium and High Voltage Electrical Design / System Design /
Electrical Calculations / CAD Design
Power Generation / Infrastructure Projects / Concept to Completion Engineering
Based in the home counties, this well known, global infrastructure and engineering business are currently undergoing a sustained period of research and development and product advancement. As a result they are being asked to tender for a lot more, and their conversion rate has also increased dramatically. As a result we are looking to recruit an electrical design engineer to sit within the engineering department to cope with the increased work load.
What the Role will Involve:
- A rough split of the role is:
o 30% pre-sales engineering - top level design and initial costings (against an existing matrix).
o 60% - engineering design - completing the electrical engineering and design of the product and system.
o 10% - R&D / new product development.
- 30% - pre-sales work:
o Working with the sales team who will get a comprehensive brief of the clients requirements, you will look at the requirements and come up with a high level design, specifying main components, looking at system requirements compared to the voltages needed to meet the needs.
o Completing some 3D cad models to support the sales team in their presentation back to the client.
o Being the main POC for any client change requests etc.
- 60% - detailed engineering work:
o Taking the sales order from the sales team with the agreed top level design and specification and completing the detailed design.
o Electrical system design - schematics, line diagrams, cable routings etc.
o Completing all electrical design calculations - voltage, voltage drops, cable calculations etc.
o Completing all CAD design - using Solidworks (this can be trained).
o Completing any project documents - including manufacturing drawings, BOM's, parts lists, wiring diagrams etc.
- 10% - R&D / Product development:
o Small part of the role, but very important.
o You will have the opportunity to present new ideas or different ways of engineering the product.
o You will then be allowed time to investigate these in more detail and potentially do the detailed engineering behind the idea.
What we are looking for in the Candidate:
- Electrical Engineering background, ideally with a degree.
- Concept electrical system design experience, with a knowledge of electrical calculations including voltage, power and power drop calculations.
- Experience in managing the design process from start to finish.
- Keen desire to want to progress their career - there is lots of training and development - the opportunities are almost limitless.
What we can offer the successful Candidate:
- Truly exceptional training and development. Bi-annual reviews and a substantial training budget to develop your skills and expertise - this could be qualifications such as degrees, Masters degrees and diplomas, through to industry accredited training courses.
- Competitive salary, with a profit bonus that has paid out for the last few years.
- 25 days holiday, plus pension and other benefits.
Please contact me on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed) if you have any questions or would like a confidential conversation.
Alternatively email me your CV directly to (url removed) or hit the apply now button!
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Sponsorship cannot be offered for this position.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
SF Group (Jobs)