B24, Gravelly Hill, City and Borough of Birmingham
Given that our equipment spends much of its lifespan on customer sites, it is critical that our engineers are adept at carrying out required maintenance to ensure each unit operates at full capacity whenever called upon.
Our conscientious technicians take pride in their work and play a crucial role in guaranteeing customer satisfaction for which we are well known.
We are looking for a Service Engineer for our Specialist Hire Division covering Chillers & Boilers, this role will be based from our Birmingham Depot as a base but the role is a National one so travel across the UK will be involved, a call out rota is also in place 1 week in 5.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Routine Inspection, Testing and Servicing
- Breakdowns and Repairs.
- Safety, Quality and Environment
- Customer Service Standards
- Equipment and Premises
- Records and reports
Purpose of Role:
- To maintain full and safe operational functionality and presentation of a wide range of chillers, boilers, air conditioners, coolers, dehumidifiers and/or other climate control equipment.
- Checking, cleaning, servicing, maintenance and record-keeping to be consistently carried out to the standards set down by the Company in accordance with the published Workshop Procedures and with Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- The objective is to maximise equipment safety, reliability, availability and presentation.
- Also to carry out repairs within the scope of training and competence.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge.
- General skills and experience in mechanical or electrical disciplines which are relevant to the scope of equipment types involved in the role (e.g. Chillers, Pumps or HVAC or both).
- For servicing and maintenance skills must be adequate to reliably perform or quickly develop the reliable performance of competent maintenance routines.
- For the workshop, repair skills must be in-depth, sufficient for competent fault diagnosis, dismantling, repair and testing of the defined equipment type.
- Holds a full driving licence valid in the UK
- Hands-on experience of service, maintenance and repair of chillers, boilers, heating, air conditioning or specialised climate control equipment, plus ideally a good understanding of diesel engines and pumps.
FGAS, OFTEC or COCN1 / CIGA1
If you have the skills and background for this role then apply today.
- Service Engineer
- B24, Gravelly Hill, City and Borough of Birmingham
- 11/09/2019 (09:06)
- Andrews Sykes Group Plc
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.