As an infrastructure specialist, Murphy directly employs more than 4,000 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives across the world. We operate in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia and the Middle East. We have a number of specialist capabilities such as pipelines, process, marine, tunnelling and piling, and we invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
Senior Engineering Manager
From major infrastructure projects to responding to emergencies, our range of vital transportation services help to keep the UK and Ireland moving.
In the Transportation Business Unit we work across rail, highways, aviation and ports to bring innovative solutions to complex problems. Working with the likes of Crossrail, HS2, Network Rail and Transport for London, our skills in project management, pre-construction and supply chain management help us deliver major programmes. In addition, our 'One Murphy' approach- our ability to provide a truly end-to-end service- is helping us to become a market leader.
We're now in the market for a Senior Engineering Manager to join the team to drive forward our Better Engineered value through the Business Unit.
* Overall responsibility for the leadership of the engineering function within the business unit, both on and off site and for the function both internally and externally
* The function is responsible for engineering, design management, quality assurance and control, and document control
* Manage the allocation and recruitment for the engineering function to support the business
* Support the business unit in work winning as the technical leader in bids, with the application of engineering, design management and quality
* Manage the consultant supply chain framework and drive the performance and relationship management of the consultant community
* Provide leadership for the engineering preconstruction activities
* Provide leadership for the design development stages of contracts
* Provide guidance and support to projects to deliver engineering, design management, quality and document control
* Keep business unit leadership informed of the engineering function activity and progress achieved
* Ensure Quality benchmarks are maintained at a high standard
* Significant relevant management experience in the civil engineering industry
* Chartered Engineer or holding the equivalent experience
* Proven experience supporting the UK Rail industry, preferably in a direct delivery model organisation
* Engineering leadership experience
* An organised, thoughtful and diligent individual with the management and technical skills, to both influence and drive change in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Engineering Function within the Business Unit
* Able to influence the strategic role that Engineering plays within the Business