Our Kent based FMCG client, requires a highly experienced Engineering Manager to support with all reactive and planned maintenance for their rapidly expanding business.
You will be responsible for leading all aspects of engineering activity to ensure continuous delivery for the business, whilst ensuring conformance to all Health & Safety requirements, code of practise and legislative requirements.
Responsible for leading a small team, you will be required to provide personnel support to these individuals, ensuring they are continually engaged in their work, as well as helping to support them with any day-to-day queries and to help expand and support continued learning.
Duties of this position include:
- Ensure the engineering team complied with all Health & Safety;
- Manage all contractor activity on-site;
- Provide and be accountable for an efficient engineering operation;
- Ensure the machinery is available 100% of the time;
- Develop and implement an agreed maintenance strategy;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Involvement in ad-hoc project work, working towards the business future plans;
- Review and provide feedback and improvements on machinery output;
- Carry out and lead the team in all reactive and preventative maintenance;
- Co-ordinate cleaning schedules;
- Ensure you have full budgetary control at all times, monitoring cost v.s budget.
This role is working Monday - Friday, but a degree of flexibility is required from the candidate when not on site to support less experienced members of staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a fast paced 24/7 environment;
- A 17th Edition qualification;
- Experience maintaining manufacturing and electrical equipment;
- A good understanding of CapEx;
- Previous experience in sourcing new products;
- PUWER assessment and management;
- Experience in line management.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.