We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to manage and lead our Technical Design team based in Axminster, East Devon.
If a customer needs to move air, ACI can help, and our Technical team are central to delivering the best possible solution.
Leading a professional team of Design Engineers involved in the 3D design and specification of an extensive portfolio of industrial fans and blowers, air knife drying systems, and personnel cleaning equipment, you will have accountability for the overall engineering integrity for parts and assemblies in accordance with the high-quality framework operated by ACI. With customers all over the world, this is a rare chance to join a reputable, stable and growing business proud of its world class reputation in the sector.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will be responsible for leading the engineering agenda in the business, will sit on the Management team and have responsibility to develop our team of Design Engineers to fulfil their potential.
The Technical team work closely and collaboratively with the Sales and Production teams to design and validate new products. As well as leading the engineering agenda, you will be prepared to be ‘hands on’ - adept and experienced in using Inventor/AutoCAD to design and validate new products as well as modifying existing drawings. You’ll coach and guide your team to deliver specific projects solving the customer’s air movement problem through to prototype, manufacture, testing and installation.
Using your depth of experience and credibility, you will bring experience and practise to lead the R&D agenda for ACI, and work with your team as well as the wider business and customers to create and develop new and innovative product lines.
Occasionally, you may be required to travel nationally or overseas to gather further information relevant to their drawing/design activities and to provide the standard of customer service and expertise our customers expect. Your ability to inspire and communicate complex technical ideas to others will be advanced.
Key Attributes we are looking for:
- Solid 10 years + Engineering experience minimum, ideally designing industrial products.
- Batchelors degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, but professional manufacturing engineering experience will be considered
- Commercially astute, with data driven analytical problem-solving capability
- Proven experience of line management and the development of Engineers and leads by example
- Pro-active, self-motivated individual with exceptional project management, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, builds strong relationships
- Confident and not afraid to take tough decisions where necessary
- Has drive and energy to inspire others
- A “can do”, positive approach to tasks and challenges, see the opportunities rather than the barriers
- Highly proficient using Inventor/AutoCAD as well as all Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent written and spoken English with a keen eye for detail
In return for your talents we will offer you:
- Competitive salary based on experience and capability
- Competitive package with Pension, Discretionary Bonus, Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus all statutory bank holidays
- Every Friday afternoon off, as the business closes at 12.45pm
- Modern, extensively refurbished offices based in Axminster, East Devon, only 6 miles from the south coast
About Air Control Industries:
For fifty years Air Control Industries Ltd have been designing and manufacturing an extensive range of industrial fans; blowers; air knife systems; bottle and can drying systems; cable and wire drying equipment and personnel de-dusting equipment. Our commitment to providing the highest quality product possible and putting the customer at the heart of all we do has meant we continue to be at the very forefront of air movement technology. Could you be part of our future? We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please send a full covering letter and comprehensive CV.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment function and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. ACI Ltd accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Engineering Manager
- Job ID
- Less than 10