Main Purpose & Scope of Role:
Ensure the reliable operation of the Terminal infrastructure at Birmingham Airport and interface with the Development Team to ensure Terminal infrastructure enhancements or replacements meet acceptable standards.
* Lead the FM team to develop service delivery plans, utilising technology to improve and innovate, ensuring operational performance/ongoing efficiency's.
* Ensure people, processes and systems are continuously reviewed and updated to ensure regulatory and service key performance indicators (KPIs) are met, and that more efficient working practices are adopted.
* Plan, supply and/or co-ordinate major and key operational activities and/or services in an efficient and timely manner to support efficient airport operations.
* Manage supporting functions, such as external contractors, Airfield Operations etc., to complete minor capital improvement programmes to maintain/improve our assets.
- Pavements (Airside and Landside)
- Car Parks
- Building Fabric
- Water infrastructure
- Water Management
- Drainage infrastructure
- Fencing and Barriers
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of emergency plans and procedures to ensure the maximum safeguarding of life and to minimise the impact of emergency situations, and to reduce the risk in terms of business continuity e.g. management of Life Safety Systems including fire detection, suppression.
* Develop and maintain relationships to influence key policy decisions with external partners. Attend national working groups run by external parties to influence delivery policy.
* Formulate partnerships with leading industry suppliers to develop innovative approaches to service delivery to improve efficiency of working methods.
* Interpret trend analysis data to development "needs statements" for asset updates/renewals.
* Interpret trend analysis data to embed more efficient working practices within operational teams.
* Build relationships with other internal departments, such as Customer Services to influence future service requirements.
* Manage quality assurance reviews of activities/work undertaken and investigate any asset failures to determine cause and take remedial action, including internal process reviews etc and manufacturers design issues. You For this role you will have proven experience within Engineering or Facilities Management and ideally hold a professional qualification within this area.
Your excellent leadership skills should include budget management, team management and the ability to communicate my clients vision to gain team buy in. As a highly visible leader, you will be able to influence multidisciplinary networks to work towards a common goal to deliver a world class Engineering and FM delivery model. Finally, you will have Good communication skills to present a business case briefly and logically and to influence Senior Leaders.
If this of interest to yourself, apply with your Up-To-Date CV and one of our specialist Aviation recruitment consultants will be in touch.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Start Date
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID