Dornan are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer at intermediate level to be based on a Commercial project in Central London.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
The successful candidate will join an already established team on the construction phase of this project. The project is mechanical and electrical installation and has a project value in excess of £20 million. Overall responsibility for various mechanical systems, including HVAC, Smoke Extract, CHW/LTHW and Sprinklers
Role and Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Engineer are:
- Management of the Design Process from Concept through to Construction stage of Mechanical Building Services
- Pre-construction activities, such as Technical Submittals, drawings and 3D model review, equipment schedules, etc.
- Attendance on Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for major plant items.
- Management and coordination of multiple subcontractors throughout project phases.
- Liaise with suppliers and ensure the correct equipment and materials are provided throughout the project.
- Client and mechanical consultant’s onsite focal point for mechanical systems.
- Preparation and review of inspection, testing and commissioning documentation.
- Ensure inspections and tests are carried out to the appropriate industry standards and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Preparation of reports and front end studies
- Working with Quality Control Systems
- Execution of Design Reviews
Education Required from the Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Degree Qualified in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following Experience:
- Mechanical hands on technical knowledge
- Candidates must have 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience in the field of construction planning in Mechanical/Electrical contracting environment
- Knowledge of Package Procurement and Technical reviews
- Experience Autocad 2D as a minimum
What Dornan offer
- Supports Progression and development within
- Educational Assistance
- Company Pension
- Permanent role with opportunities to work on varied projects in Ireland, the UK and Mainland Europe
- Contact Name:
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference:
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Job ID: