Our client is looking for Senior Civil Engineer to join their team, based in Stockport.
The Role: As a Senior Civil Engineer you will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing civil and structural design, consultation and support to our core infrastructure clients.
- Engaging with and developing good working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Network Rail / local authorities / Tier 1 contractors clients and other disciplines
- Manage delivery teams
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) - Design
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications
- Scope and supervise surveys
- Input to and preparation of bids and proposals
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
The role offers scope for personal skill development, especially in relation to increasing railway and civil engineering.
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or equivalent, or close to Chartership
- Experience of working in the UK rail industry with knowledge of Network Rail standards and approval processes
- Acted as CRE (Design) for Rail Engineering projects
- Experience in delivering and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to detailed design
- Typically, around 3-5 years experience working in the rail sector
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audience using different mediums
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team
- Ability to respond to Project Manager and Client requests and meet challenging deadlines
- Manage own and others time, ensuring deliverables to agreed deadlines and within budget
Our client provides a one-stop multi-disciplinary design and consultancy servicing Highways, Structures, Bridgeworks, Project Management, Principal Designer (CDM). Projects/Services include Depots, Stations/Platforms, Traction Power, AC/DC Supply Upgrades, Route-works, Feeders, Signalling, Depots, Level Crossings, Track.
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management and staff at all levels
Excellent organisational skills
Have an outgoing, confident and friendly manner
SalaryNEG (depending upon experience)
Contractual working hours 30 per week
Annual leave-25 days (plus statutory)
Company Pension Scheme
Voluntary Benefit Options, including childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Natalie on (phone number removed), email (url removed).
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.