You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Production Engineering Manager
PRODUCTION ENGINEERING MANAGER
An excellent opportunity for a Production Engineering Manager.
You will be responsible for providing leadership, have outstanding people skills and management to a team of Production Engineers. To balance resource against internal support demands and actively manage, communicate and mitigate risks.
Lead all Production Engineering activities, encompassing capital, process improvement and New Product Development projects. The role has full budgetary responsibility for the department.
The specific responsibilities of this flexible role may alter from time to time in order to meet the needs of the customer, but responsibilities will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- Responsible for the management and effectiveness of the Production Engineering functions ensuring business and customer needs are fully met.
- Drive functional excellence of the production engineering team.
- Develop and maintain training matrices/plans for all areas of responsibility, ensuring an effective, multi-skilled team is maintained for maximum flexibility.
- Maintain safe working practices, advise on unsafe conditions and ensure that all accidents and near misses are reported within 8 hours.
- Ensure accuracy of Production Engineering procedures and documentation
- Develop and nurture a culture of problem solving.
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability.
- Manage and lead a small team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximise efficient productivity.
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Design, prove, implement and maintain production systems to deliver product on time, to quality requirements and to cost
- Responsible for the scoping, justification, installation, maintenance and improvement of production and test lines, managing contractors and ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Be/develop into the site specialist in Lean Six Sigma techniques supporting the drive to instil a culture of continuous improvement within the Applied Kilovolts workforce aimed at driving continuous improvement initiatives, leading to improvements in On-Time Delivery, Quality, Productivity and Safety through a reduction in the 7 Lean wastes.
- Act as the direct conduit link between Engineering and Operations for New Product Introduction, Product up-issue and Engineering Trials, becoming the key gate keeper for Operations in regards to Design for Manufacturing and ensuring all changes meet Operational requirements during the NPI gate process.
- Provide support to all aspects of Manufacturing, involving Production Engineering, Build processes, Equipment, Techniques, and Work Instructions & Tooling for optimized Safety, Quality, delivery and Cost.
- Provide support to the Test department including defining test methods, processes, repairs and RMA’s (as a support function) and assisting in the creation of test procedures and work instructions.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste
- Maintain the build standards (routing and Bill of Materials) for each product and play an active, supportive role in the annual cost roll.
- Develop and maintain project plans and budget profiles to ensure delivery of milestones to agreed cost targets and timescales
The role plays an integral part of the overall system and will therefore be involved in varying aspects of the day-day and strategic approach to running the business. This demands an individual who can multitask at both a day-day tactical and strategical manner.
Due to the nature of this role, flexibility in activities will be required to ensure success of the individual and that of the job role.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering (preferably Electronics) degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Design For Manufacturing (DFM), and Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 8D etc.
- Experience of New Product Introduction, reworking design changes and upgrades through to production
- Able to demonstrate experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to influence and persuade at all levels within the organisation; to build trust and confidence and establish credibility.
To heat more about this vacancy, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the position and company in more.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Terry Parris Associates