You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Electrical B
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Electrical Bias
Double Days (Earlies & Lates) - Burnley, Lancs
FMCG / Food & Beverage / High Volume / Fast Paced Manufacturing background
£30-35K, 33 days holiday, death in service benefit, pension
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will assist with day to day root cause analysis, repair and general maintenance of machinery, equipment and facilities to meet the operational needs of the business, ensuring that equipment and machinery are functional and fit for purpose, whilst ensuring H&S and best practise are adhered to.
- Creating, maintaining and performing PPM schedules to required standards.
- Effectively communicate with work colleagues to root cause analyse any break down and repair faults efficiently and cost effectively.
- Assist with disassembling electrical equipment etc to allow cleaning by work colleagues.
- Liaise with Engineering, Production and Technical Managers regarding installation of new equipment.
- Fault finding on all break downs – mechanical and electrical.
- Fix faults/breakdowns internally where possible and escalate when there’s a need for contractors.
- Manage and liaise with contractors for repairs and servicing and ensure supervision whilst on site.
- Ensuring all machinery and equipment is safe to use and fit for purpose.
- Ensure Health & Safety guidelines are followed - take necessary action to reduce accidents, near misses and potential hazards. Ensure all machines have the relevant safety guards on and if known to have a safety issue repair or improve as soon as possible.
- Liaise with Production Manager and supervisors on machine faults, breakdowns & plant performance.
- Respond to all break downs within the factory and liaise with Production on timescales & downtime.
- Maintain adequate spares of essentials being mindful of financial implications and sourcing spares, as cost effectively as possible.
- Complete paperwork for production and maintenance correctly and on time.
- All machinery handed back to production in a safe, state and parts/equipment/tools accounted for.
- Weekly record keeping of water testing and meter reading.
- Ensure all maintenance equipment is fit for purpose.
Qualifications and Experience:
You should be an apprentice trained, Electrically biased (Ideally 60/40, 70/30) Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer. You will be strong Electrically but also with knowledge and experience of Pneumatics, Pumps, Conveyors, etc and should have excellent Problem Solving and Route Cause Analysis experience.
PLC is knowledge is not essential for this role, however you must be 16/17/18th edition qualified.
In Return - the company can offer:
A salary of between £30-35 depending on experience, a days-based position with no weekend or night work, plus an excellent flexible benefits package, including 33 days holiday, death in service benefit of £25K, Employee Assistance Programme, pension and various additional!
To apply, please send your CV + salary expectations or call Mark for more information on (phone number removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
McIver Knight Associates Limited