You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Maintenance Engineer (Maintenance Manager designate)
Job Overview: Retained by our injection moulding manufacturing client we are looking for an experienced multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to support manufacturing growth and progress towards a Maintenance Manager role.
- Working on modern day plastic injection moulding machine tools and ancillaries, as the Plaint Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the proactive & reactive electro-mechanical maintenance of mould machines, ancillaries, jigs & fixtures, materials handling equipment, pick & place robots and general facilities maintenance.
- As Maintenance Engineer you will supervise and lead a small Maintenance team (1 x Maintenance Technician & 2 x Maintenance Apprentices)
- You will be responsible for developing, mentoring & nurturing your staff for the maintenance team’s objectives and deliverables for meeting mould production demand, maintaining & conditioning all production mould machines, and optimising equipment for maximum efficiencies.
- You will be proactive in setting PPM schedules and organising the Maintenance team on machine down-time projects for planned maintenance activities, and instrumental in organising Maintenance / servicing & commissioning jobs for the Maintenance department staff.
Expectations / experience:
- You must have electrical & mechanical maintenance experience within injection moulding manufacturing. (We shall consider applicants from diecasting or other plastics manufacturing environments)
- You must have 16th, 17th or 18th edition electrical regulations certificates OR electrical engineering qualifications equivalent.
- You will have a good mechanical application and experience / working understanding with hydraulics and/or pneumatics
- You will have good proven experience with PLC’s and 3 Phase Ladder Logic fault-finding & problem-solving
- You will have good clear communication skills for interacting with your team and other department Managers.
- It is expected that you will have good IT skills with MS Office & Word
- As this is also a hands-on role, you will lead from the front, the middle and support your team entirely.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team enjoying growth and job satisfaction, looking for enthusiastic & driven electro-mechanical Maintenance professionals wishing to aspire and progress into the Maintenance Manager post over the next 12-18 months as the business will look to recruit more Maintenance staff over the next 12 months.
- You will have the full support of the Director’s in promoting your own skills and provide you with external training and knowledge as you progress. Once securing the Maintenance Manager post you salary will increase accordingly and sit amongst the company’s Management team.
Key Words: “maintenance engineer”, “maintenance technician”, “electro-mechanical maintenance”, “maintenance leader”, “senior maintenance engineer”, “maintenance manager”, “multi-skilled maintenance engineer”, “service engineer”, “injection moulding”, plastics, diecasting, die-casting, “die casting”, “plastic extrusion”, “blow moulding”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Sierra 57 Consult Ltd