You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Project Engineer - Mechanical Bias
Due to continued organic growth, a successful manufacturer based in the St Ives, Cambridge area, is seeking an additional Graduate Project Engineer to join their successful focused team of engineers, who provide bespoke products globally.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager and Engineering Director, this is a complete “full life cycle” manufacturer where you will be responsible for seeing the project from the initial enquiry, specification, planning, design, testing and introduction into both production and the market.
You’ll have the ability to research, analyse and plan methodically with attention to detail with an understanding of specification of new project design would be an advantage however this is not essential.
You will have a disciplined ‘hands on’ approach with a degree in Engineer or similar discipline, with a design portfolio of 3D CAD or SolidWork examples from study or work experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist in the specification of new products working with marketing, sales, service, customers and manufacturing to capture the requirements.
- Plan and implement the development cycle for new products
- To ensure that designs meet all requirements specified and that they are compatible with established engineering standards and other legislation.
- To produce 3D CAD models (Solid Works), detailed drawings and assembly drawings. To follow ‘Design for manufacture’ best practice and ensure that designs can be economically manufactured either in-house or by sub-contractors
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- To enter bills of material, routings and manufacturing instructions into ERP system (Vantage) for use in manufacturing
- To liaise with external suppliers, the purchasing, QA and manufacturing departments and customers to ensure successful implementation of new designs
- Draft user documentation including technical bulletins and manuals
- Complete QA internal audits
- To participate in other projects or carry out specific tasks that may be assigned by the Engineering Director from time to time
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about engineering and enjoys solving problems.
Benefits package that includes flexible working hours, Pension, Profit Share and Life Assurance.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Thurlow Resource Solutions