You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Design Engineer
A Mechanical Design Engineer is needed by a company in the Newcastle area to join their growing team
Working in a successful R&D team you will design and develop new and bespoke products from concept to market launch, and assist in the delivery of key project milestones, as well as providing technical support to production, sales and purchasing staff as well as customers.
Duties will include
- Designing innovative solutions to improve the design of existing products from briefs provided
- Developing new products for introduction to market
- Produce 3D and 2D CAD models and drawings
- Modify drawings and components in line with Quality Assurance (QA) systems and procedures Generate and maintain parts lists/bills of materials and to control approved copies
- Liaise with and supply requested approval drawings to certification bodies in a timely manner
- Conduct prototype and/or modified component testing and to produce and store test reports
Candidates should have a suitable qualification in engineering or product design and be highly skilled with 3D CAD modelling and producing technical drawings. Experience in research and development working with tight tolerances gained within a mechanical engineering environment are also essential. Experience of electrical or electronic products would be an advantage
Good organisation, problem solving and time management skills are a must, as well as the ability to create innovative products, whilst still maintaining attention to detail.
It would also be advantageous to have a working knowledge of relevant European and international standards and directives.
If you would like more information on this opportunity please call Adam Jones at CDS Recruitment or click Apply Now
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
CDS Recruitment ltd