You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Fitter)
Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Fitter) to work for our client based in Darlington. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a versatile and multi-skilled engineering company.
The purpose of the position will be to assist in the day-to-day maintenance operations, ensuring equipment availability is maximised and working alongside contractors and other internal team members to ensure the safe repair and operation of plant and facilities.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Highlight and hazards or areas of improvement surrounding health and safety to the relevant personnel.
- Follow all policies, process flows and standard operating procedures in respect of Health, Safety, Quality and Environment.
- To safely repair plant, equipment and facilities to ensure downtime is minimised.
- To carry out preventive maintenance checks, within the specified time limit, as directed by the team leader.
- To assist in the safe decommissioning of old plant/equipment and the safe installation of new.
- Using sound engineering knowledge to proactively seek to improve the equipment through failure root cause analysis.
- Strive to achieve the operational KPI's as set by senior management.
- Where required, to assist in the writing of technical specifications, risk assessments and method statements.
- To carry out fabrication/welding work as directed by team leader
- To guide and coach technical apprenticed who may be working within the maintenance department.
- To identify opportunities to improve the processes, facilities and personnel employed within the business.
Job related skills and knowledge required for this role
- Strong communication skills
- Sound engineering knowledge, technical knowledge of forging equipment (drop hammer, power hammers, gas/induction heating)
- Excellent understanding/working knowledge of general mechanical systems (hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, gears, bearings etc)
- Understanding of electrical safety
- Understanding of H&S requirements - HASAWA 1974, PUWER, LOLER
- Welding (MIG minimum) and oxy-fuel burning
- Time served mechanical fitter plus considerable industrial experience
- Counterbalance forklift truck licence, MEWP licence
- Working knowledge of lean methodology (TPM, 6S, visual management)
- ISO 9001/14001/45001
- Knowledge of working with preventive maintenance systems
- Mentoring/coaching skills
- Crane slinging trained
This position is on a temporary to permanent basis and will involve working Monday- Thursday 7am- 4.45pm (37 hours per week)
The rate of pay will be up to £12.31 per hour depending on experience.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Major Recruitment (Newton Aycliffe Industrial)